Posts Tagged ‘Fruits’
Give new things your full attention if you want to remember them more easily. When meeting people for the first time, try picturing their name or making a comment about the spelling. Ask them, “is that Tracy with a I or Y?” Make a comment or compliment about their name to further prime your memory with this fact. Address her by name whenever you ask her a question to help commit it to memory.
If you need to remember an important amount of information, study it in different locations. You don’t want to limit yourself to associating certain information with certain areas. Instead, you want to keep your brain fresh. When you study the information in a variety of places, it is more likely to be stored in your long-term memory.
You may find helpful books for improving your memory during a visit to your library. You can find books written by experts on memory; these books should be able to provide you with new techniques for your own use.
Being the proverbial social butterfly can actually help to strengthen your memory. This will keep you spirits up and alert. If you’re depressed or lonely, your mind isn’t being stimulated and your brain cells aren’t getting a work out. You can keep your memory in better shape by having conversations with friends.
Try to use “chunking” to remember things. “Chunking” is a process whereby you can group together similar units of information to make it easier to recall that information in the future. For example, instead of trying to remember a phone number digit by digit, you can group together the first three numbers and the last four numbers. Likewise, if memorizing a list of items, you can sort the items on the list into similar groups. For instance, you can help yourself to recall a shopping list if you “chunk” the items by type, such as fruits, meats, paper products, and so on.
One good and fun way to learn new information is to set it to music. Consider how easily kids learn the alphabet by singing it. Melodies are based on repetition, and are therefore easier for your mind to remember. Try singing a few thoughts to realize how easy it is to remember them.
Add fish oil to your diet. Omega 3 fatty acids are great for helping you remember things. The health benefits of fish oil are amazing, and memory boost is just one of the many benefits. You can take Omega-3 in pill form, or by eating certain kinds of fish.
A great way to keep your memory sharp is to keep learning new things. New information creates new, additional pathways into your brain that will give you the ability to create new connections.
Repeat things out loud. When you learn something simple like someone’s name, say it out loud. If you hear what you are trying to remember, you will have a better chance of remembering it later on. If you can, repeat it out loud over and over again.
Write a personal journal. Write down five or so things in life that make you thankful each day. You could also record five happy or positive things that occurred during the course of the day. This can make you feel better and your brain can process information better for a better memory when you’re happier.
There are steps you can take to slow and prevent the loss of memory. If you use the techniques you have read here, you should see an improvement in your memory before long.
- Tips For Improving Memory
- How To Improve My Memory And Keep My Memory Sharp As A Tack
- Improve Memory Techniques That Really Work
- Zox Pro Mental Photography Memory Improvement Tips
- Keeping A Pen And Paper Handy To Improve Memory
- The Best Collection Of Memory Tips Online
- What You Can Do To Improve Your Memory!
- Tips To Improve Memory And Help With Memory Retention
- How Mental Association Can Help Improve Memory
- Strengthen Your Memory With This Great Advice
- Learn To Enhance Your Memory For Life
- Is Your Memory Not Great? This Is For You!
- Learn More About Your Memory With These Interesting Tips
- Why a Journal Can Help Your Memory
- Techniques And Tips For Strengthening Your Memory
- Improve Your Memory By Following These Tricks
- What You Can Do To Increase Your Memory
- Advice On Making Your Memory More Reliable
- Improve Long Term Memory
- How To Keep Your Memory Sharp As A Tack